A man who sat down to enjoy a glass of white wine outside a Spanish bar died of massive internal burns due to a tragic mistake by bar staff.
Andrés Lorente was served with undiluted cleaning detergent that had been stored in an empty wine bottle. This had then been erroneously put in the fridge by a member of staff.
The 49-year-old man
Detergent wet wipes commonly used in hospitals could be spreading superbug infections from one surface to another.
This is the claim being made by researchers at Cardiff University. And wet wipes are not consistently effective in killing disease-causing bacteria, according to the team from the university's School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical
For many of us the thought of touching a door handle in a public washroom is not very appealing. The latest solution to tackling the germs left behind comes from two teenagers from Hong Kong who have come up with a cheap way to make a door handle that disinfects itself automatically.
Sum Ming ('Simon') Wong, 17, and Kin Pong ('Michael') Li, 18,
More than 60 entries were received this year, over five categories, and the winners will be chosen during a second round of voting. The finalists
Paul Wonnacott is managing director and president of Vectair Systems, specialist in washroom hygiene and aircare systems. The company does business around the globe and Wonnacott has gained considerable experience in many of the world's most important markets. In his latest blog for ECJ he considers the importance of innovation to aid
A cleaner in Rome was surprised to find two nuns stuck in a lift when she arrived for work recently. And they were certainly happy to see her - they had been in there for three nights!
The two women were visiting the Italian capital from their home countries of Ireland and New Zealand when they got stuck. It was Friday afternoon and the nuns had