Home › terms and conditions
Terms & Conditions
- In these Terms and Conditions, the following words and phrases shall bear the following meanings:
- www.europeancleaningjournal.com is a product owned and operated by Criterion Publishing Ltd, PO Box 299, Chesham HP5 1FP, UK
- "Material" means data or information in any format, including without limitation text, images, photographs, graphics, video or sound material whether existing at the time of registration or not, published on the Sites in the Network, whether copyright of Criterion or of a third party and which is communicated or transmitted to the User in using the site.
- “Personal Information” means Personal Data as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998 as amended.
- "User" means any person who accesses or uses www.europeancleaningjournal.com
1. By accessing or using any Sites in the Network the User acknowledges and agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
2. The User agrees to fully comply with these Terms and Conditions.
3. The User shall indemnify Centaur against all costs, claims, demands or expenses incurred by or made against Criterion or www.europeancleaningjournal.com as a result of any breach of these Terms and Conditions or howsoever arising.
CONDITIONS OF USE
4. Subject to clause 14 the User may download Material electronically; prints extracts and make copies of these for its own personal and non-commercial use only. This does not include downloading, storing, transmitting, displaying, copying or distributing the Material, or extracts from it, in a structured manner or creating a database in any form comprising all or part of the Material.
5. The submission of Material by the User is on the following terms
5.1 The User grants Criterion a non-exclusive, non-transferable, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide licence to publish or use the Material in any format, including in other products of Criterion.
5.2 The User warrants to Criterion that all rights including intellectual property and moral rights in the Material submitted belong to the User or the User has received all necessary permissions to submit it to Criterion.
5.3 The User warrants to Criterion that the Material submitted is not obscene, offensive, or defamatory of any person or otherwise illegal.
5.4 Criterion at its sole discretion reserves the right to not publish the Material in part or whole, make additions or deletions to, edit, crop or arrange the Material prior to publication. Criterion may do so without giving any reason but the User should note that Material that is off-topic or unnecessarily antagonistic is likely to be rejected.
5.5 Criterion shall make no payment for Material submitted and used under these Terms and Conditions
7. The User acknowledges that any breach of clause 9 may cause damage or loss to Criterion and agrees to indemnify Criterion in full against any third party liabilities, claims, costs, loss or damage including consequential losses, incurred as a result of publishing Material submitted.
8. To the extent permitted by law Criterion, its agents or representatives shall have no liability whatsoever to the User for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or special loss or damage, cost or expense suffered or incurred by the User (whether arising in tort, contract or otherwise, and whether arising from the negligence, breach of contract, defamation, infringement of copyright or other intellectual rights) caused by use of www.europeancleaningjournal.com or from the negligence of its employees or agents or licensors, and whether asserted against Criterion, www.europeancleaningjournal.com or against any third party in relation to its use.
9. Criterion does not make any representation or give any warranty, either express or implied:
9.1 in relation to any information, goods or services offered, accessed or obtained through www.europeancleaningjournal.com
9.2 in relation to warrantees of title, non infringement of copyright or patent rights of others, merchantability, or fitness or suitability for any purpose;
9.3 for the content, accuracy, integrity, lawfulness or otherwise of information on websites over which Criterion has no control;
9.4 as to the suitability of the information and data on www.europeancleaningjournal.com for any particular purpose;
9.5 that the information and data on www.europeancleaningjournal.com is free of infection by computer viruses or other contamination.
10. Criterion and its agents or representatives do not endorse or in any respect warrant any third party products or services by virtue of any advertisement, information, material or content referred to, or included on, or linked from or to www.europeancleaningjournal.com
11. www.europeancleaningjournal.com does not purport to provide advice. Criterion is not responsible for Users taking or refraining from taking actions on the basis of information provided by www.europeancleaningjournal.com
12. Although every care is taken in the preparation of information supplied by www.europeancleaningjournal.com, Criterion is not responsible for any loss suffered as a result of any action taken or refrained from being taken as a result of any information contained in www.europeancleaningjournal.com
TRADE MARKS AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
13. All rights in European Cleaning Journal (ECJ), www.europeancleaningjournal.com and other marks owned by Criterion are reserved.
14. All Material other than submitted by Users on www.europeancleaningjournal.com is property of Criterion. Reproduction without Criterion's permission is prohibited. For such permission Users should email ECJ's editor, email@example.com
15. Users who wish to advertise on the ECJ site should email firstname.lastname@example.org
16. Criterion reserves the right to remove, alter, change or vary the site at any time without notice.
17. Criterion shall endeavour to provide constant, uninterrupted access to www.europeancleaningjournal.com but do not guarantee to do so and accept no responsibility or liability for any interruption or delay.
APPLICABLE LAW AND JURISDICTION
18. The provision of www.europeancleaningjournal.com is governed by the Laws of England and shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
19. Criterion reserves the right to vary or amend these Terms and Conditions at any time without notice. Users should review these Terms and Conditions regularly as Users will be deemed to have accepted a variation in continuing to use the site after it has been posted.