Cleaners face increased risk of multiple sclerosis, says study

23rd of July 2018
Cleaners face increased risk of multiple sclerosis, says study

Cleaners, beauticians, decorators and anyone coming into contact with potent solvents in paint thinners and cleaning chemicals are 50 per cent more likely more likely to develop multiple sclerosis (MS), a new study has found.

The risk of developing the neurodegenerative disease is seven times higher in people who work with solvents and have a

» read more

European Cleaning & Hygiene Awards - entry deadline extended to August 1

20th of July 2018
European Cleaning & Hygiene Awards - entry deadline extended to August 1

The closing date for entries to the European Cleaning & Hygiene Awards 2018 has today been extended to Wednesday August 1.

The professional cleaning sector employs millions of people across Europe and plays a vital role in health, wellbeing, image and perception. The European Cleaning & Hygiene Awards is the only pan-European programme

» read more

'Sanitary bins in public toilets should be higher priority'

19th of July 2018
'Sanitary bins in public toilets should be higher priority'

Sanitary bins in in public toilets should be a higher priority for councils, according to a charity in Northern Ireland which provides hygiene products for homeless women.

The plea from Homeless Period Belfast came after it was revealed that one council has not installed sanitary bins in any of its 31 public toilets - saying there is "no

» read more

Students raise £1,500 to send cleaner on Jamaica trip

18th of July 2018
Students raise £1,500 to send cleaner on Jamaica trip

A university cleaner in the UK is heading to Jamaica on a trip of a lifetime - funded by donations from the facility's students.

A group of Bristol University students set up an anonymous fundraising webpage and together stumped up €1800 to pay for Herman Gordon's trip. The cleaner has worked at the educational facility for 12 years.

Gordon

» read more

Woman dies after cleaning her kitchen with ammonia products

17th of July 2018
Woman dies after cleaning her kitchen with ammonia products

A 30-year-old Spanish woman has died of apparent intoxication after cleaning her kitchen for two hours using a product containing ammonia.

The woman, who lived in Madrid, called the emergency services complaining of feeling faint. But when they arrived she was found on the floor of her kitchen suffering from cardiac arrest. Paramedics tried CPR

» read more

New Clean Hospitals Industry Platform launched

16th of July 2018
New Clean Hospitals Industry Platform launched

Following the inaugural Healthcare Cleaning Forum, which took place at Rai Amsterdam during the recent Interclean Amsterdam exhibition, the Clean Hospitals Industry Platform (CHIP) has been launched.

The goal of the forum was to create awareness about new knowledge and technology that can be used to battle the unique hygiene challenges like

» read more

Magazine Archive - Articles in Latest News

All Articles

Our Partners

  • ISSA Interclean
  • EFCI
  • EU-nited