March date for China Clean Expo

13th of January 2016
March date for China Clean Expo

China Clean Expo, the trade show for the Chinese professional cleaning sector, is set to take place in Shanghai from March 29-31.

According to the organisers there is still much opportunity for growth in the country - as policy support and governmental funding in China for the hotel, automobile and medical industries are driving the development of professional cleaning.

For example figures show the number of five-star hotels in China increased by 25 per cent to nearly 800 between 2010 and 2014.

This development has led to the rise of Chinese cleaning equipment manufacturers. For example at China Clean Expo 2015 almost two thirds (63 per cent) of cleaning equipment and cleaning product brands came from Chinese manufacturers, while the remaining 37 per cent were from other countries and regions around the world.

According to statistics from the Meadin Brand Index (MBI), the top three cleaning equipment brands used by Chinese hotels in 2014 were Kärcher (Germany), Sailstar (China) and Viper (Italy) respectively. Compared with the rankings in 2013 Kärcher remained unchanged, while Sailstar moved up one place to second and Viper fell one place to third.But the development of the Chinese cleaning industry has come later than in many overseas countries, leading to a gap between domestic and international companies in terms of specialisation - say the China Clean Expo organisers.

They explained: "The quality of personnel in the cleaning industry varies in China, and brand competition is in a state of disorder.

"Although there are various Chinese-owned brands, few of them have features that differentiate them from the competition which makes them less distinguishable in the eyes of the buyers. In comparison foreign brands, with their more organised management and many years of professional R&D, are more easily accepted by Chinese consumers."

At China Clean Expo 2015 the 37 per cent of overseas brands were from the US (12 per cent), Italy (eight per cent), Germany (seven per cent), Japan (three per cent) and other countries and regions (seven per cent).

This year the organisers say they are aiming to provide a platform to promote mutual communication between domestic and international brands.

www.chinacleanexpo.com

 

Our Partners

  • ISSA Interclean
  • EFCI
  • EU-nited